I’m having trouble uploading my images. Can you help?
How do I choose the best photo?
- Almost any photo or flat artwork with a good resolution can be made into a customized photo throw, picture blanket, photo pillow or tote.
- The best results come from photos that are clear and have good contrast. Your image can be either color or black and white.
- If you would like the image on your photo throw to be in black and white, we can convert it to grayscale for you.
- Photos in which part of the subject is in a dark shadow typically don’t work well
- Photos that have good contrast with the subject close up work best
- You cannot increase resolution if it was not there in the original scan. What appears great on a digital monitor might not translate well to a textile.
If possible, photos should be scanned at 300 DPI. While 72 DPI is great for the web or email, it’s not enough resolution for a quality picture blanket.
What image types do you accept?
Can I use pictures from my camera phone?
What about copyright issues?
With our continuing efforts to comply with the federal copyright laws, we will not knowingly copy, reproduce, or otherwise transfer an image that includes the copyright notice required by 17 U.S.C. Section 401 unless we receive a signed release from the copyright owner authorizing the manufacturer of this product to use the image for any purpose.
In addition, we will not knowingly copy, reproduce, or otherwise transfer an image that is signed, stamped, or otherwise identified as having been taken by a professional photographer or studio unless we receive a signed release from the photographer or studio us to use the image for any purpose.
Lastly, we will not knowingly copy, reproduce, or otherwise transfer an image which itself includes a copyrighted image without a signed copyright release from the copyright owner authorizing us to use the image for any purpose.